Person with intellectual disability

The SA Intellectual Disability Health Service has been set up to provide health services to people with intellectual disability and complex needs. Complex means having a lot of different support needs.

Your doctor, also known as a GP, is the best person to see first if you are worried about your health.

Sometimes people with intellectual disability need more help with their health or do not have a GP. The SAIDHS can provide advice to you or your GP so that you are able to get the best possible care.

Sometimes people need a specialist assessment. Your GP can send us a referral if they think we can help. A referral is a letter from your doctor asking us to help with your care. If you do not have a GP, you can call us on (08) 8257 7300 and we can let you know if our service is right for you.

More information

Easy Read

Download the SAIDHS Information - Easy Read (PDF 936KB) or visit the resources page