The South Australian Voluntary Assisted Dying Care Navigator Service (SAVAD-CNS) provides a service to assist people considering voluntary assisted dying, their family, friends and carers, health practitioners and health service providers to navigate the Voluntary Assisted Dying Pathway.
Care navigators are nursing and allied health professionals with experience in complex and end of life care who manage queries related to voluntary assisted dying, facilitate connections between services, and support referrals to participating medical practitioners.
- general information about end of life care services, including voluntary assisted dying and bereavement support
- individualised support for people accessing voluntary assisted dying
- assistance connecting people accessing voluntary assisted dying with appropriate medical practitioners and health services participating in voluntary assisted dying
- access to voluntary assisted dying support packages
- support for medical practitioners and health services
- education and training for health services.
SAVAD-CNS can be contacted by email and phone during standard business hours (9.00 am to 5:00 pm).
Phone: 0403 087 390