Reactivating the Repat
Construction has started on the Repat Upgrade
The State and Federal Government recently announced a $70 million funding (PDF 437KB) agreement to revitalise the Repat Health Precinct, including:
- a new Statewide brain and spinal rehabilitation unit
- an 18 bed specialised facility to care for some of the most vulnerable South Australians suffering extreme behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD)
- an 8 bed Specialised Dementia Care Unit, in addition to the 18 bed unit
- a state-of-the-art gymnasium for brain and spinal patients and athletes
- a ‘town square’ in the heart of the Repat to create a community hub and outdoor space.
The Federal Government has committed $30 million for a new Statewide brain and spinal rehabilitation unit, including a new state-of-the-art 26 bed inpatient facility.
Further, the Federal Government will provide more than $1.3 million a year to fund operation of an 8 bed specialised Dementia Care Unit, in addition to the 18 bed Ward 18.
The State Government will invest $40 million in the precinct, including $14.7 million for an 18 bed specialised facility to care for some of the most vulnerable South Australians suffering extreme behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD).
A further $25 million will be spent on a state-of-the-art gymnasium for brain and spinal patients and athletes, as well as a ‘town square’ in the heart of the Repat to create a community hub and outdoor space.
This funding ensures we are one step closer to reactivating and revitalising what will be a critical part of South Australia’s future health system.
SA Health is currently in negotiations to partner with a NGO to deliver the State’s dementia hub – a dedicated dementia village, including 60 places for people who have complex care needs.
As unveiled in the Concept Master Plan (PDF 2MB) for the Repat, surgery and care transition spaces will also be offered at the precinct.
The Repat Chapel, Remembrance Gardens, Museum and SPF Hall will be protected and preserved as community assets for future generations.
News and updates
Join our mailing list
Services at the Repat
A map (PDF 87KB) is available to help you locate services at the Repat Health Precinct.
Repat RA Ward
Car parking is available for families and friends visiting the Repat RA Ward:
Telephone: 08 7117 5010
Enter Gate 8 off Goodwood Road
Repat Health Precinct, Rehab Building 012
Carpark 2, Northeast Entrance
Daw Park, South Australia 5041
Visiting hours for Repat RA
Southern Adelaide LHN values the role of visitors and understands the importance of loved ones presence in healing, comfort, information gathering and sharing decision making.
We welcome patient visitors 7 days per week (including public holidays) between the hours of 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, if you would like to visit outside these hours we ask that you contact the Ward to discuss further via our switchboard 08 7117 5010.
- If you have a cold, flu, diarrhoea or vomiting symptoms you should not visit until you feel well, for the reason of patient safety and wellbeing.
- We want to keep children safe therefore when visiting they must be directly supervised by an adult at all times.
For more information about the hydrotherapy pool, contact Seamus Smith from the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network’s Rehabilitation, Aged and Palliative Care Division on 08 7117 5054.