COVID-19 update 348
22 September 2021
SA exposure locations
SA Health has identified exposure locations in South Australia associated with a positive case of COVID-19 interstate. Action is required by the community.
Check the exposure locations and relevant public health actions at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Activities Direction update
From 12.01 am 23 September 2021, a new Activities Direction will come into effect. Changes include:
- Dancing is permitted at a private function and private activity where up to 150 people are present however it is capped at 50 dancing at any given time. There is no requirement to wear a mask.
- Stand-up food and beverage consumption is permitted outdoors (1 per 2 sqm).
The new Direction and updated frequently asked questions is available at www.covid-19.sa.gov.au.
COVID-19 case update
There is one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. The confirmed case is a man in his 40s who acquired his infection overseas and has been in medi-hotel quarantine since his arrival in Australia.
South Australia COVID-19 statistics
- 1 new cases today
- 0 people in hospital
- 7 active COVID-19 cases
- 899 confirmed cases in total
- 888 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 1,578,880 total vaccine doses administered
- 63.9% second dose vaccinated (16+)
- 45.3% first dose vaccinated (16+)
- 6,052 tests yesterday
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
SA.GOV.AU is a dedicated COVID-19 gateway, linking to relevant information on state and federal government websites.