SA Premier’s Nursing & Midwifery Scholarships
The South Australian Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships are offered annually to enable nurses and midwives to explore best practice and translate evidence into sustainable outcomes within the South Australian health system.
The 2024 Premier's Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships provide nurses and midwives the opportunity to undertake an observational study tour within Australia and/or internationally to the value of $10,000 (AUD).
The Scholarships must be taken between 1 July 2023 and 30 June 2024, with the expectation that successful recipients return to work in South Australia, and use their experiences to facilitate innovation, implement quality improvement initiatives, and implement positive changes to practice.
To be eligible for a Scholarship, you must be employed and working permanently, either full-time or part-time as a nurse and/or midwife in South Australia in the public, private, community or aged care sector.
The 2024 South Australian Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships Prospectus outlines the application process and relevant application forms and the parameters for successful study tour Scholarships.
All applications must be submitted via the online application portal.
- Study tour proposal — Form 1 (DOCX 1.41MB) describing the proposed observational study tour aims, objectives, outcomes and impact of innovative change that improves workplace environments, team culture and patient outcomes (2,000 words)
- Indicative study tour itinerary — Form 2 (DOCX 246KB) summarising the intended travel, accommodation, proposed site/s to visit, activity each day etc
- Endorsement of the proposed study tour — Form 3 (PDF 527KB) by the applicant’s direct line manager/supervisor and relevant Executive
- applicant’s current CV (maximum 4 pages)
Applications open 6 January 2023.
Applications close at 5pm 3 March 2023.
Applicants to be advised of outcome at end of April 2023.
- 2024 South Australian Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships Prospectus (PDF 648KB)
- Form 1 – Study Tour Proposal (DOCX 1.41MB)
- Form 2 – SA Health Travel Diary (DOCX 246KB)
- Form 3 – Organisation/Employer Endorsement (PDF 527KB)