Admitted Patient Care
The Admitted Patient Care (APC) data domain was previously known as the Integrated South Australian Activity Collection (ISAAC).
The APC data domain contains state-wide data capturing information about patients separated from public and private hospitals.
It provides SA Health with the information resources necessary to effectively fund, organise, evaluate, and plan health services in South Australia.
The APC data also allows SA Health to meet national obligations through annual submissions to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). APC forms part of the Admitted Patient Care National Minimum Data Set through submission to AIHW.
For more information on the APC data please refer to the Admitted Patient Care Reference Manual.
Examples of APC data use
- Strategic Planning: to identify admission trends for socio-demographic and clinical groups, so that planning and delivery of health services is consistent with community needs.
- Resource Allocation: identifies priorities in hospital resource allocation based upon output measures across the State.
- Performance Measurement: APC enables service delivery performance measurement.
- Casemix: APC is a data source for Casemix which provides the health care industry with a consistent method of classifying types of patients, their treatment and associated costs.
- Quality Assurance: APC assists health care professionals in conducting quality assurance studies.
- Resource Requirements: APC provides the information necessary for hospitals to examine in-patient resource requirements for specialty groups and to review existing allocation management.
- Patient Management: APC assists clinical staff to develop standard criteria for patient management.
Admitted Patient Care Reference Manual
- Data Elements (PDF 1.5MB) - Updated October 2022
- Data Quality Checks (PDF 2.6MB) - Updated October 2022
A number of resources for the APC data domain are also available.
If you have queries regarding Admitted Patient Care:
Telephone: (08) 8226 7355: Admitted Patient Care submissions: General enquiries
Address: Level 6 Citi Centre Building, 11 Hindmarsh Square Adelaide
Postal address: Data Governance & Quality Assurance, Enterprise Data & Information, SA Health, PO Box 287, Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5001