COVID-19 Update 4 August
There have been two new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 457 cases reported in SA.
Today’s cases include a female in her 20s who has been identified as part of the current cluster, and a female in her 20s whose case is still under investigation.
A COVID-19 health alert has been issued for locations in Salisbury Downs, Blair Athol and Kilburn in relation to a confirmed case of COVID-19.
For people who attended the below locations at the relevant times, there is a risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who attended these locations at the relevant times should immediately self-isolate for 14 days from the day they attended the location, and seek testing for COVID-19, even if they don’t have any symptoms.
- Saturday 1 August (8.30 pm – 9.30 pm) - Fernwood Fitness, Salisbury Downs.
- Friday 31 July (5.00 pm – 7.30 pm) - Agha juice house, 317 Prospect Road, Blair Athol.
- Wednesday 29 July (5.00 pm – 8.00 pm) - Najafi Carpet Gallery, 5/392 Prospect Rd, Kilburn.
People who attended the below locations should monitor for symptoms and immediately self-isolate and get tested if they develop any symptoms at all, even if mild:
- Tuesday 28 July (evening) - School of Languages located at Roma Mitchell, Secondary College, Gepps Cross
- Thursday 30 and Friday 31 July - Thebarton Senior College, Torrensville.
- Monday 27, Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 July - Walkers Arms Hotel, Walkerville.
There are now 10 active cases in SA and 443 people have been cleared of COVID-19. There have been four reported deaths from COVID-19. More than 252,000 tests have been undertaken.
People experiencing any of the following symptoms should be tested for COVID-19:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. symptoms of cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
Call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787, or go to www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019, for more information.