COVID-19 update 23 September 2021
23 September 2021
There is one new historical case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There has been a total of 900 cases notified in South Australia.
The historical case is a woman in her 40s who acquired her infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since her arrival into South Australia. The case is not active but has been included in our case numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
For more information and a list of testing sites visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 900
- Recovered cases - 890
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 5,577
- Total tests to date - 2,218,246
- Active cases - 6
- Overseas acquired - 5
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered - 1,597,484
- First dose vaccinated (16+) - 64.5%
- Second dose vaccinated (16+) - 45.9%
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear.