COVID-19 update 22 September 2021
22 September 2021
There is one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There has been a total of 899 cases notified in South Australia.
The confirmed case is a man in his 40s who acquired his infection overseas and has been in medi-hotel quarantine since his arrival in Australia.
SA Health has identified a number of exposure locations linked to a case in a truck driver from New South Wales who travelled through South Australia. The locations will be available on the SA Health website shortly.
For more information and a list of testing sites visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 899
- Recovered cases - 888
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 6,052
- Total tests to date - 2,212,669
- Active cases - 7
- Overseas acquired - 6
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered - 1,578,880
- Fully vaccinated - 45.3%
- Partially vaccinated - 63.9%
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear.