COVID-19 update 18 October 2021
18 October 2021
There are no new cases of COVID-19 today. There has been a total of 915 cases notified in South Australia.
For information on exposure locations in SA visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDinterstate for information about interstate exposure locations.
- Total new cases today - 0
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 915
- Recovered cases - 904
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 3,827
- Total tests to date - 2,348,879
- Active cases - 7
- Overseas acquired - 2
- Close contact - 1
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 4
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered - 1,981,978
- First dose vaccinated (16+) - 76.2%
- Second dose vaccinated (16+) - 58.7%
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.