The SA Premier’s Nursing & Midwifery Scholarships
The SA Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships are open to all nurses and midwives working across South Australia including public, private, and aged care sectors.
The scholarships will support nurses and midwives to embark on an overseas observational study tour to explore best practice and translate evidence into sustainable outcomes.
2020/2021 Scholarships Program
Applications open Monday 14 October and close at 5.00 pm on Friday 6 December 2019.
The Scholarships must be taken between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021, with the expectation that the recipients return to work in South Australia, and use their experiences to facilitate innovation, implement quality improvement initiatives, and implement positive changes to practice.
The scholarships are awarded as follows:
- Six overseas study tour Scholarships up to the value of $10,000 each.
Forms and supporting documentation
Guidelines, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and supporting documents to complete your application are provided below.
- FAQs - Applying for a SA Premier's Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Study Tour (PDF 402KB)
- Form 1 – Study Tour Proposal Template (PDF 326KB)
- Form 2 – Biographic Information and Declaration (PDF 46KB)
- Form 3 – Health Unit/Service Endorsement (PDF 45KB)
- Form 5 – Overseas Travel Diary Template (PDF 150KB)
- Overseas Travel Diary exemplar (PDF 197KB)
- Form 10 – Application Checklist (PDF 41KB)
All applications will be submitted online through the SA Health Careers website.
Study Tour reports for 2018-2019
- Virtual Care Clinic – Futuristic Nursing for South Australia 2018 by Heather Leach (PDF 8MB)
- Investigation of international integrated nurse led heart failure services and innovative models of care 2018 by Kathryn O’Toole (PDF 14MB)
For any enquiries please email Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships at Health.NursingandMidwiferyOfficeScholarships@sa.gov.au.