Tools, resources and training
Visit the new Healthy Workplaces SA website as the central source of information to create healthy, safe and thriving workplaces in South Australia.
The new website has been co-designed by the South Australian Collaborative Partnership for Workplace Health and Wellbeing.
Here is a list of all the Healthy Workers - Healthy Futures tools and resources available to workplaces.
Sign up to the Healthy Workplaces SA Newsletter to keep up to date with new resources and training opportunities, including invitations to the Healthy Workplaces SA Community of Practice which are held regularly throughout the year.
Sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are resources on how to get you started through good planning and creating the foundation of an effective and successful health and wellbeing program.
- Healthy workplace information for workplaces (PDF 356KB)
- FAQs for managers (PDF 384KB)
- Building a business case (PDF 430KB)
- Engaging external service providers (PDF 411KB)
- Project Proposal template (DOCX 31KB)
Workplace health and wellbeing
Below are resources which give your health and wellbeing program its direction, scope and priorities. These resources will ensure that steps taken to address health and wellbeing in your workplace, are hitting their mark.
- Healthy workplace - Non-editable version (PDF 496KB)
- Healthy workplace editable version (PDF 744KB)
- Integrating health and wellbeing within work health and safety audit (DOCX 26KB)
- Staff needs assessment - health and wellbeing survey template (DOCX 126KB)
- Alternative needs assessment methods (PDF 441KB)
Below are resources which will assist in setting indicators for success by setting yourself up to capture the right data and interpreting results against program intentions.
- Promoting going smoke free (PDF 239KB)
- Promoting healthy eating (PDF 311KB)
- Promoting responsible alcohol consumption (PDF 300KB)
- Promoting physical activity and reduce sedentary practices (PDF 351KB)
- Promoting positive mental and emotional wellbeing (PDF 369KB)
- Promoting healthy weight (PDF 257KB)
Monitoring and evaluation
Once you have a workplace health and wellbeing program up and running, it is important to find out if it is running well. The below resources will assist in determining this.
- Evaluation and monitoring quick guide (PDF 128KB)
- Activity and event log (DOCX 115KB)
- Incentive and rewards (PDF 350KB)
- SA Health Healthy Futures Workers, Health Futures [extended version]
- The link between leadership style and employee health
- The link between employee wellbeing and productivity
- Duncan Young on workplace health and wellbeing
- How to get workers engaged in workplace health and wellbeing
- Key factors of a successful workplace health and wellbeing program
- Outcomes from your workplace health and well being program
- Benefits of leadership commitment for workplace health and wellbeing
- Phil Sutherland on the role of peak bodies in promoting workplace health and wellbeing