Know what services are available to support you and your family during this time. It's okay to ask for help and we have listed a few places to get you started here.
If your home isn’t safe, reach out to someone who can help; police, community workers or leaders, or other people you trust.
Download the Stay Strong: Help and Support poster (PDF 466KB) poster so you have them easily accessible.
Choose from one of the services listed below or visit the COVID-19 page for trusted COVID-19 information for individuals and businesses.
COVID-19 information lines
Please keep triple zero (000) for emergencies only.
- National Coronavirus Helpline - 1800 020 080
For information about COVID-19 and vaccines. Operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- SA COVID-19 Information Line - 1800 253 787
Offers local information and advice on general COVID-19 matters for South Australians. Operates from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm every day.
- Housing support and advice (for quarantine) - 1800 253 787
The SA COVID-19 Information Line is open from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm every day and can provide information on self-quarantine requirements and can assist with the facilitation of emergency accommodation for those required to self-quarantine but unable to do so at home.
- Red Cross Telecross REDi service - 1800 188 071
Register for a free, daily call checking on the welfare of vulnerable South Australians in response to COVID-19.
The Disability Gateway provides information and referrals for people with disabilities who need assistance due to COVID-19.Contact the Disability Gateway on 1800 643 787, available Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 8.00 pm (AEDT)
Domestic, family and sexual violence services
Drug abuse and information
- Alcohol & Drug Information Service (ADIS) - 1300 131 340
Counselling, information and referral service for the general public, concerned family and friends, students and health professionals. South Australian callers only – 7 days a week between 8.30 am and 10.00 pm.
Money, housing and community support
- Visit the COVID-19 page for information on money help during COVID-19, including SA Paid Pandemic Leave Scheme, household support, cost of living concession, Centrelink support.
- Ask Izzy - for food relief, emergency money help, legal advice, Centrelink support financial support and everyday things.
- St Vincent de Paul Assistance Hotline - 1300 729 202
For emergency housing, and homeless support, money help, food relief and everyday things.
- Anglicare - (08) 8305 9200
For housing support.
Mental health and wellbeing support
- SA Aboriginal Mental Health Support and Advice Line (Thirilli) - 1800 841 313
Available 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday
- 13YARN - a national crisis support line for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Available 24/7 for mob who are feeling overwhelmed or having difficulty coping.
- SA COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line - 1800 632 753 or chat online
Provides mental health support for people surrounding COVID-19. It is available to people to maintain their mental health and wellbeing.
- Suicide Call Back Service - 1300 659 467
- SA Mental Health Triage - 131 465
24 hour a day, 7 days a week mental health crisis support.
- Lifeline Australia - 131 114
For 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention.
- Mensline Australia - 1300 789 978
Free professional 24 hour a day, 7 days a week counselling support for men about mental health, anger management, family violence and relationship issues, separation and divorce, parenting, suicide prevention and emotional well-being.
- Kids Help Line - 1800 551 800
Free 24/7 private counselling service for kids and young people aged 5 to 25 years no matter where they live or what they want to talk about.
- Wellbeing SA website - Open your World
Poster - Tips to stay positive (PDF 474KB)
Poster - Need to talk? You’re not alone (PDF 466KB).
Interpreting services for deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech or communication impairment
Call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
Aboriginal languages translating or interpreting services
Northern Territory Aboriginal Interpreter Service
Telephone: 1800 334 944
- other Central Australian languages
ABC Multilingua Pty Ltd
Telephone: (08) 8364 5255
- Arrente / Aranda
- Yolngu Matha